View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #9
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I am sorry about your terrible experience at the vets. Most vets will not take the time to talk to you when you go to pick up your dog unless there is something specific he feels he needs to talk to you about (health issues or further treatments needed). Most vets are very busy and with other patients so if they stopped every time someone came it to pick up a dog then it would be very disruptive to those that are there with scheduled appointments. Usually, if there is something very specific you need to know you can ask the vet tech and she will find out for you.

As for the grooming, please don't let that upset you too much. I don't think it was an appropriate thing for them to say. Some groomers are very picky people and if they see one mat or one flea they can just go on and on. Some puppies mat very easily and if the mats get down to the skin and are bad enough then you might need to shave your dog but if it is a few mats you can try to brush them out or gently nip them out with a small pair of scissors. I have learned the hard way that you can brush and brush but unless you go all the way to the skin they can still mat. That is why it is important to brush and use a comb but to make sure your are not just brushing the surface.

I hope your baby makes a speedy recovery.

Last edited by bjh; 03-04-2008 at 09:35 AM.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!