View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 10:06 AM   #4
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitaschaff
Hi again!
Thanks to all who gave advice in previous msg!
Wanted to know your opinions on buying a Yorkie from a newspaper ad? I know buying from a breeder is probably best, but budget-wise, prices are high. Doesn't mean we won't love and care for our new addition!!
Are more health problems (like live shunts) found with Yorkies purchased from an individual/family than a professional breeder??
Thanks for any info!!!!
Whether a Yorkie is purchased from a newspaper ad, a breeder, word of mouth through a friend, vet, or corner street carrying a basket full of puppies I think the basics should all be there. Can you trust the person selling the Yorkies?, Can you see the parents if need be?, Can you have a guarantee on the Yorkie?, Does the breeder have all the qualifications to sell a healthy, happy Yorkie and follow the guidelines? Can you visit with the vet who works with the person selling the Yorkie, Will the Yorkie have AKC registration?, etc. All the rules I feel should follow when one decides they are wanting to research the thought of purchasing a Yorkie. Price yes is important but it doesn't matter if the pup cost $200.00 or $2000.00 if the pup isn't going to be healthy or have any sort of back up from the person selling the pup if something goes wrong.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!