View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #14
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Oh no! I agree...NOT a good way to start the day!

My cats turned on the water in our "casita" once.....they normally lived in the main house, and my birds lived in the casita~ but I had to go to Hawaii for my dad's heart surgery and my dh was going to be out of town, and he didn't want the petsitter (who he didn't know) in the house, so I had the cats in the bathroom of the casita. There was a big double sink vanity that they liked to jump up on and the female is always rubbing up against things, and this day, she decided to rub up against the faucet, and turned it on (after the petsitter had left for the day). My petsitter called me in the morning to tell me the room was flooded .....talk about not a good way to start the day!!! My dad was in surgery, I was 2000 miles away, my husband was out of town on business, and he had to drive all the way home, take all the cages and big plants and everything out of the room and wait for the cleanup people to come and do their thing . He wasn't very fond of any of my animals (luckily, the petsitter got them all out and to the vet's to board), but I thought he was going to blow a gasket. I had to shut my phone off for about 3 days . By that time, he'd cooled down enough to be able to understand him . Oh, and I intentionally left out the part that I had the drain closed off in the sinks b/c I'd read it was 'bad feng shui" It's never a good thing when something floods .

I hope you didn't sustain as much damage as we did!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!