View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #12
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONLYNN View Post
I purchased VPI Pet Insurance for Teddi because she was the most expensive dog I have ever bought so I thought it would be a good thing to get insurance plus I saw signs up at my work that they offer the insurance through payroll deduction. Well....the insurance is horrible and I don't even know why I have it! When I had to get Teddi's teeth pulled because they were impacted they didn't cover anything - they said they don't cover any baby teeth extractions. When Teddi got sick in November I submitted all her bills and they said that they don't cover liver shunts and because the final result was a liver shunt they won't cover it. They said they go by the end result and it doesn't matter than I took her in for reasons unknown they go by the end result. I think it is HORRIBLE that they won't cover ANYTHING. Even my vet thought they would pay up until we got a confirmed diagnosis but they said no. Apparently if the diagnosis is not on their list of covered things they don't cover it...they don't actually print a list of what is not covered. I feel like I am wasting my money by paying $33.86 a month for the policy! Just venting! Grrrrrr
Sorry that happened to you. It recently happened to my friend and that is why I decided to not bother and stick with my care credit. My friends dog has been fine for three years. He recently got sick and ended up being diagnosed with a blood disorder...they only paid a bare minimum when it should have been more. She had to fight tooth and nail to get what was coming. Then she will be up for renewal soon...I am thinking they will classify his condition as a preexisiting one and not want to renew her policy. I read somewhere on the web where they did that to a guy.

Very sad that they charge so much and pay out so little. Sorry that happened but I think most of these insurances are the same.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!