View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 12:26 AM   #1
chloeandj
Tinkerbell, My Little Flutterpup
Donating Member

Default Need info on size and if this is right dog for me

Hi, just a worried newby here with a question about size and if this is the right dog for me and what your opinions are. I wanted a yorkie about 5-6 lbs and the yorkie I had planned on purchasing does not seem to be growing as big as I'd like her to be. She is 6 weeks old right now and weighs in just under a pound. I've been told that you triple her weight at 6 weeks to figure out her adult weight. That would be 3 lbs., does that sound right? I have children and an 8 lb maltese. I am very concerned that a 3 lb yorkie may not be a good fit for our home. The puppy had to be taken off it's mother and bottle fed since 3 days old so she's very sociable and a wonderful puppy. The vet seems to think that since she wasn't breastfed that her growth is not what another puppy that was breastfed would be but that as she starts eating food she may have a growth spurt and get bigger than we think... I am wondering what are your thoughts of how big you think she'll be, has anyone had a 6 week old puppy that weighed a pound? And if she ends up being 3 lbs. how sturdy are these little dogs? I don't have experience with yorkies, I've only owned maltese my whole life.
Thanks so much.
chloeandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!