View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 06:07 AM   #15
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Glad to hear you're already making progress!!!!

I got Angel in January, during a really cold spell. She was pee-pad trained already and I felt she was too little to be outside freezing to potty. Hubby also hated the pee-pads, but now we use the washable ones and BOTH girls have used the pee pads all winter exclusively - hubby adjusted quite well!!

If Buddy is no longer confined to the mudroom, I don't think it is a problem to gate it off for Lucy. When Angel came,k the downstairs bathroom was where she was when we went out and at night and it became Angel's domain as Sissy then had free reign of the house and slept with us.

When my girls go outside to potty in warm months, I have an x-pen set up. It was the only way I could get Angel to actually potty while outside rather than running around like a wild thang!! I'm always out there with them, but it also makes me feel a little more secure that they are contained. When we use this, they are only there for pottying purposes.

Sounds like you're on the right track with mixing kibble with Lucy's canned till she is all kibble. If you're using puppy food for her, even if Buddy wants it, it would be too many calories for him - so don't feel bad about that one!!!

For the recliner, I would continue bringing Buddy up with you and Lucy. If he chooses not to stay, he is excluding himself. Spending some time on the floor with both of them is a good idea also.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!