View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
Buddy-licious
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
my answers are in red. i know you just got her and you want to comfort her because everything is new, but you cannot forget about Buddy. he still should be number one and shouldn't feel pushed aside. when you give them treats give buddy one first. when you feed them give buddy his food first. everything should be him first, and if lucy objects you need to correct her.
I agree with EVERYTHING you said!!!!!! I just needed to hear it from someone else. Thank you sooooooo much for taking the time to help me!!!!!

I am so glad to hear that your furbaby is a tiny and goes outside to potty!!! It is going to take some time to get her use to it.

I am going to give Buddy his room back!!! I will put Lucy in the laundry room.

I am going to make Lucy start to eat her dry food by mixing it in with her canned food.

The toy issue will be handled too. It is not that Lucy takes his toys away from him its just if she gets close to him ....Buddy just drops his toy so she can play with it. Like I said, he is just so sweet to her!!! But I will encourage Buddy to hang onto his toys!!!

Buddy is going to get equal time sitting with me if not more time than Lucy. I just took Lucy to her crate. Buddy is sitting with me now!!! Ohhh...I just love him!!!!

I knew before we got Lucy that we should keep Buddy as #1 but once we got Lucy home with us....it has been much hardier than I thought. But I think I know what I need to do now.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to advise me....I feeling so much better. The anxiety has been building and building!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!