View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 01:46 PM   #22
luvfungbear
Yorkie Talker

Hi I'm new to the boards so I hope you guys can bare with me. My yorkie is almost 3 months old and he scratches too but not profusely. He scratches a bit from time to time and I don't think it's becuase he is trying to get rid of the collar. When you guys say that your puppies scratch, is it constantly through out the day? Or is it for a sustained period of time a few times a day? I took him to the vet when I got him a week ago and the vet said he was flea and tic free so I'm thinking perhaps food allergies or it is just natural for them to scratch a bit? I currently have him on Royal Canin mini puppy food. I noticed the 3rd ingredient or so is corn meal gluten or something like that? I've read that it may cause skin irritation but he's been scratching even before I fed him that. my other cairn terrier puppy is on nutro ultra and he doesn't scratch much at all. Also, I've read that the Innova brand might be too rich for smaller dogs and some dogs can't get used to it? Sorry for the long post! And thanks in advance for any responses I get
luvfungbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!