View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
MyPeanutAbbyGra
I love my baby girls!
Donating Member

Default Upset with breeder

and maybe I shouldn't be, I'm not sure.

I was first in contact with a breeder in my area, on Jan. 5, who was expecting puppies the end of January. As soon as the puppies were born, we sent in a deposit and she replied with an email that said we got first pick of the girls.

Just last week she tells me that she has taken a deposit on one of the girls. Not just any of them but one inparticular. I let it slide and she told me that from here on out, she would contact me if anyone showed any interest in a particular puppy.

I looked at her website this morning and she has received a dep. on 3 of them and one is on hold. She has pictures of each of the puppies that have dep. and the one that is on hold! It says there is one availble girl left. and one boy.

I emailed her and asked her what is going on. I'm supposed to go see them in person this weekend but I don't want to pick one so soon, because I'm sure they will change and I've heard that if their bite is off, that won't be noticeable until around 8-12 weeks.
I don't expect her to hold them all for me but she shouldn't have told me she would give me first pick if she's not going to.

How do the breeders here handle "first pick"?
MyPeanutAbbyGra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!