View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
kmcbride
Yorkie Talker

Default potty pads for a newbie??

Ok so we got our (big) little man a week ago yesterday and I remember how easily I forgot what a hassle it was to take them out constantly! And we've never lived in a house that has carpet until now so I'm always freaking! Well it's been raining this weekend so of course everything is wet, he doesn't want to go outside, then we he does he comes back in wet...so we thought we'll potty pad train him to always use the pad in the house.

Well we bought them today (nature's miracle?) and brought them home he was with us so I knew when we got out of the car he'd have to potty. So we opened the bag, set the pad on the middle of the kitchen floor and he pee'd on it! So we were excited! So then twice after he pee'd on the floor Well we put him in his kennel to eat dinner and when I came to wake him up we put him on the pad and said potty...we he came right off. We did this for probably 10 minutes before he pee'd twice on the floor next to the pad. Ugh.

So my husband said put him in this big open bin we have with just the potty pad until he pees on it. So I did and within 5 minutes he pee'd on it so I took him out and gave him loves...

So do you think this could work? Is there an easier way? Will this confuse him?
kmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!