Thread: Potty Pads??
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #6
flutterby
YT Addict

I have an extra large dog crate (for a rottweiler or lab) and I put a bed on one side and a pee pad in the other... While I was training them, I kept them in there while I was gone.. I know a lot of people frown on them going in their crates, but I don't want them to have to always be there while I'm gone...

Now, my two yorkie girls don't go in the crate anymore, I've eliminated it all together for them (when I'm gone, etc).. My biewer girl is staying in the crate for now.. I'll gradually start letting her sleep outside of it and eventually take it away all together..

They do love the crate as a safe haven.. So when my biewer girl is done being in the crate, I'll just pull out the small one I have and put it up with just a bed in it..

They're all using pads but I want to make sure my biewer girl has it down before I take it out of the crate. I was persistant about getting them to go on pee pads because my last yorkie girl was stolen out of my yard and I didn't want them to have to go outside to go to the bathroom.. This makes me feel more comfortable in knowing they don't need outside.

Last edited by flutterby; 02-17-2008 at 02:30 PM.
flutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!