View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 07:11 AM   #1
centralnewyorki
YT 1000 Club Member

Animal Smiley 019 Shopping adventures this weekend

My bf and I and some friends went shopping at a huge outlet mall about 3 hrs away. (Woodbury Commons for anyone in NY) I bought a carrier for Olivia so that she could join us. When we first got there, I was so nervous that everyone would be mad that I had Olivia with me. The first store we went into, a woman had a yorkie and the dog was just walking on a leash. (The dog apparently peed on the floor, but I missed it. And I was nervous about Olivia in a bag?!) We introduced Olivia and the other yorkie but Olivia wasn't very interested. After we went into another store, my bf and I went to sit on a bench with Olivia. When I got Olivia out of her bag I saw that she got sick inside the bag. We cleaned everything up and decided to try carrying her for a while. I was still a little nervous but there were dogs everywhere! We saw an 11 week old pug, 2 or 3 yorkies, a yorkie/bichon mix (which felt like a cashmere sweater!), a labradoodle, a german shepard looking dog, and a few maltese. Everyone was so nice about her being there. She was loved up by the sales women in Coach and Eddie Bauer, and the saleswoman in Bebe said we could let her walk on the floor as soon as we walked into the door. It was so nice for her to be with us! I was worried about her after she got sick, but I knew she was okay after she wolfed down a grilled chicken patty from McDonalds and continued to sniff my food! Toward the end of the day, Olivia and I were sitting outside a store while everyone eles shopped. We were approached by a few families that had young children. They were all so well behaved and everyone asked if she could be pet before just assuming- I was quite impressed!

That day, Olivia ate up all the attention from people, but wanted nothing to do with meeting the other yorkies. I thought it was just nerves from a long car ride and a new situation, but even by the end of the day she didn't want anything to do with them. The other dogs would come up and sniff her and she would sit on one of our feet. She doesn't have the opportunity to play with other yorkie-size dogs. (She has no problem with bigger dogs) Could she really be afraid of or not like dogs her size, or do you think it is because of the day's excitement?

Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!