View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 09:42 AM   #2
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

He's so cute. As far as the sleeping in teh bed with you I really think its a personal choice. I think you have to make it based on the kind of person and sleeper you are. My little girl haas had a couple of accidents but honestly it didn't stop us from letting her sleep with us. She doesn't always sleep with us now but in the beginning she always did. She loves playing in the ditches and mud outside so if she's dirty she sleeps in her crate. I will say if you feel him wake up in the middle of the night just keep an eye on him or go ahead and take him out. Sometimes in the middle of the night they will have to go potty.

As for keeping him on the pad, I suggest putting the pads in some sort of box. I used a box that was a few inchs high that I found at Walmart. It's like a clear rubbermaid box, I think its used for storage under beds. I also think petsmart has boxes made especially for pads. Its up to you. If you use a box though he actually has to get inside something and therefore he's got to be on the pad nor can he wander off in the middle of going(this was Reagan's problem). She can't stop long enough to go she has to keep moving while going.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!