View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 04:08 PM   #6
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacisnyder04
I was just curious where you live. I live 22 miles west of joplin. Well I have heard to use the wizdog becuase it is easier. even if you will be gone a long time during the day. But I am not sure, there are a lot of people on here that have had experience and are very smart. Godd luck.
"Were neighbors stacisnyder04" We have friends in Joplin and go there quite often. I live appx. 30 min's to the MO border...

Ok, Drakesmom...I'm guessing it is just a mixed cup on the choices for or against pee-pee pads, it should be whatever you find is working best with Drake. Either way though, pads or outside eliminating Im thinking that the training is all the same. A puppy cannot have free rain of the house. Crate training has worked best for Schatzie when she was real little. Then when it was play time in the house I always had her leash and harness on that way she was only allowed the length of the leash distance from me. It only takes a second for these little one's to squat and pee and I just found it easier for me to keep her leash on with me on the other end that she was.

When the pups are real young, you will feel like you have to take your pup outside or inside to the puppy pee pad every 15 minutes. And correctly so. These little one's go quite often so they need to be taken to the allowed spot for elimination quite often.

Also, it might be helpful to clean any previous potty spots Drake had left as if he can smell where he's been in those incorrect places in your home, most likely he will return.

I do promise though, it will get easier. Keep us posted on how he is doing.
Oh, and to answer your question, LOL...Schatzie uses pee pee pads...Sorry, I tend to ramble.

Last edited by schatzie; 02-20-2005 at 04:18 PM.
schatzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!