View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #1
Chelsey
My2Pearls Chelsey & Chanel
YT Donator

Cry Was this hypoglycemia?? Need advice please!! Its for little Chanel

It started last wednesday, during the day Chanel seemed just fine, but at night she was NOT playing like she usually does, she didnt want any treat i offered her, was shaking like she was feeling cold, she curled up on my husband's lap and slept, we thought she was just feeling tired and probably miserable because shes teething, i noticed she had a bit of a running tummy and she had NO apetite, yesterday she was VERY quiet, hardly played, again NO apetite and looked exhausted, i NEVER gave hypogycemia a thought, she will be 5 months next week, however, lastnight i sat with her and again, was shaking, and feeling miserable, i tried hand feeding her, she refused her own food, i tried giving her bread, all kinds of treats including her favourite ones to no avail, i tried to make her drink some water, she refused EVERYTHING i gave her, she vomited some clear water, so i thought that was a sign of her feeling hungry, at THAT point i remembered NUTRICAL and offered her some, she refused that so i forced some down, half hour later i checked on her, and she was just laying on the couch shaking, i picked her up and she was limb, at that point i told my husband that if she is not reacting within the next half hour, i was going to rush her off to emergancies, i kept talking to her and slowly she was starting to respond, i gave her another dose of nutrical and she licked it off my finger, i was relieved to see SOME life in her, i was SO worried, i sat up with her most of the night, she was walking around a bit, finally took her to bed with me, put her in pj's and wrapped her up in her blanket, this morning she was fine again, i have given her nutrical every few hours today, is that ok? and should i keep giving it to her for the next few days, will she get this again? please any advice is welcome!!

This is the FIRST time i have ever experienced this, none of my yorkies have had that before and i can tell u THIS scared the daylights right out of me
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!