Thread: Atkins?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 01:55 PM   #34
babyparis
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vainchick5
DO NOT DO THE ATKINS DIET, YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR BODY!!! Trust me, I've seen nutritionists and doctors most of my life. My mom also did the atkins thing until I told her how bad it is and she started feeling the pangs. You will have no energy, and it will take it's toll on your liver. Trust me, just smart eating and excercise will do it. It just won't happen over night. Any diet that produces results that fast, is too good to be true. The minute you take yourself off of it you will probably gain all if not even more weight than before. Please please reconsider, I've seen the damage this diet can do. You body should always have a good amount of carbs for energy. Your sex drive will go down, not to mention other things.
I AGREE! it's not good for you at all. i was weighing 180 before i started my diet. i got all the recipes from this book my mother-in-law gave me. i didnt think it would work, but i lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks. and the food is not bad either. it shows you how to diet properly... you can eat some really good meals chinese, mexican, italian, you name it's got it. it has breakfast lunch and dinner and for the people on the go it has to go meals. and the good thing about it is that you can eat from all the food groups. not just meat. if you stick with it you can lose alot of weight. from 180 i lost 26 pounds in a month and a half. but i kept with it and DIDN'T CHEAT!
here is the book i cooked from.
http://www.biblio.com/books/16645404.html
babyparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!