View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #50
deesire4
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Angry

When my baby Gotti came home it was a scortching NYC summer. He was a mere 2 lbs. Back then ,I had bought 2 different kinds of beds and he also had access to a crate. I placed the beds by my bedside so that he can still be close at night.HOWEVER, HE WOULD NEVER SLEEP IN HIS BED. Because of the heat in NYC my AC was a must. I remember not getting any sleep because i would get up in the middle of the night and find my baby boy balled up in a corner of the Air Conditioned Rooma bit cold.. I hated it because as much as I tried to keep him warm and in his bed it wouldnt work, he just wouldnt sleep on teh beds. My Hubby (at the time) picked him right up one night and placed him in our bed. Fast fowarding 2 yrs...he has completely taken over, the bed, the pillows..the EVERYTHING!! I say " Bed time" and he will get right in bed with me. Its the best having his company at night as he gets under teh covers and claims a pillow and all. I dont mind much because as a single Yorkie mom, it gets lonely so cuddling at night with him is quite alright. HOWEVER, when i have company, my company is very uncomfy with Gotti sharing our bed! He shares the same sentiment about it being "unhealthy" and "un hygienic" as some others. Its really a problem when its bed time and i have to fight with both Gotti to get off and my company to just grow up and let it slide...
I cant share my opinion because i am torn....
If anyone can offer some useful tips I will greatly appreciate it!

Join today and remove this ad!