View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 01:10 PM   #151
sylvan
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalyorkiLvr
Absolutely no cool sales pitch...in fact I had a hard time getting her to let me come see them because she didn't want to show them until they were older. I met her on here and I had looked at her mentor's little tiny that went for $8000 and she was expecting the litter. When the litter was born she told me about it and mentioned that there was one girl I might be interested in but then it was me who hounded her with emails for pictures and the like and she never made a sales pitch.

I found another puppy and put a deposit on it before hers were ready to be seen but I had to see hers before I made the final decision on Ava just to be sure so I begged Tanya to let me come up and see them. She finally agreed and I was so impressed but, in the end, Ava was older and ready to go and Tanya had not even thought about price at that point, so I adopted Ava. If I could have had two I would have taken Tanya's baby too...she is adorable and soooo smart!

You will also note that Tanya announced the litter at 10 weeks on here in the "My Yokries" section, but never listed them for sale on here, which is not to say that she won't,but I just think that particular criticism of a fellow UTer is unwarranted and uncalled for. Her puppies sell themselves.
I apologize if my astonishment is offensive. I am just trying to understand what could possibly justify a price of $8,000. Is it the exclusivity? Do people need to be able to brag that they spent that much on a dog so it makes them more special? Does advertising pups here mean that they aren't of value? I guess I'll have to start training my pups to sell themselves since I am apparently doing something wrong.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!