View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 11:37 AM   #7
ReconsMomma
BANNED!

I used to have this same problem and it was the meter reader. I ended up putting a pad lock on my gate. When they come to read the meter and I am not home they usually left me some little notice thingy. I finally got fed up with that too and called. I told them that they would have to work around my schedule as I am not going to come home just to have the meter read. The lady got nasty with me on the phone when I told her that so I told them to come out and move the meter to the front of the house. They did.

ALso, I wanted to let you know to NOT put a beware of dog sign on your fence because if something were to happen like the nieghbor kids accidently got knocked over by a happy boxer they could sue the crap out of you. One of my very close friends had this happen to him. He had an english bulldog and put up a sign to deter people from using his back door since EBs were pretty rare in this area. One of his nieghbors kids accidently threw the ball into his yard and went to get it without permission from my friend and the bulldog was happy to see the kid. The kid TRIPPED over the dog, my friend saw it happen from his window and the parents ended up sueing my friend.

Also if something were to happen and one of your dogs bit some one, they could come back on you and say that you knew that your dog was mean because you have a Beware of Dog sign.

Just letting you know. Try the pad lock though.
ReconsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!