View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 06:38 AM   #12
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

My little Millie too hates to have her hair brushed and combed. She will yelp, snarl, growl and try to bite me. The 1st week of this was just awful and I thought this was my fate for the rest of her life, of having to fight during brushing. I brush her everyday and use a detangler on her hair before I brush. Well we are into our second week of this and while she is not perfect, still wiggles (tries to get away), yelps, and shows her temper, SHE IS BETTER. I do see the light at the end of the tunnel.

She allows me to get under her chin, under her armpits, and her hind legs. Still with a struggle, but I can do it, whereas before, I could not get near those areas. And we are getting done much faster too, but I have to treat (lots of it) and use a soothing voice, contineous "good girl", ect.

It's alot of work and aggravating. But I know if I don't brush her everyday, her hair will mat, because I find tangles in it everyday. Eventually, I am hoping that it will become so routine that she will let me do it without a hassel and it will become enjoyable and not a laborous process.
Ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!