View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 06:47 AM   #6
dexterandalana
Dreamin' of Dexter
Donating YT Member

thanks for the advice everyone! he seems to be doing ok today. he looked sad all night last night, but was fighting with the pup again this morning. i have my fiance keeping an eye on the kitty today while im at work with dexter to give the kitty a little break! lol

tommy (the cat) is around 6 or 7 years old and is long haired. he never had a hair ball before but i suppose it would make sense. the puppy throws up cat hair about once a week because he chews on the cat so much! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altigger74 View Post
I agree with everyone here that it is probably just a hairball. Keep an eye on him though, even if he starts eating some again (now this is gross) but keep a check on his breath, cats should have a food smell but if it starts to smell like something rancid get him to the vet. I say this because my cat was thowing up hairballs but eating and drinking fine but her breath could kill you, I finally saw something in the back of her throat(after much fighting) I took her to the vet and they had to surgically remove a hairball the had wrapped around the back of her tongue and had hardened.
this is great advice and i will be smelling his breath. that sounds like an awful thing for a poor kitty (and you) to go through!

tommy says "thanks for your help everyone! MEOW MEOW!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tommy7.jpg (43.7 KB, 6 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!