View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
TinkerToy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default They are always in our hearts

2 years ago I had to put my schnauzer Mitzi asleep. I had her since I was 3 years old. She was 15 years old, and it was just her time. My family and I were in the process of moving, and everyday I feel so horrible for not paying enough attention to her on he last days. I remember leaving her in an almost empty house with my father so I could get my things up to our new house. I was planning on coming back to get her, but my father called me to tell me she was not doing well. So I am in a new city alone, and my poor baby was facing this without me. I don't think I will ever forgive myself for that. They are your family, and when they pass it is very hard to get over because you have this unspoken bond that can't be replaced. I think about her every single day. About 7 mos. ago I got my little one Tinker. She has been such a blessing. I didn't think that I could ever get another dog, but I am glad I did and I really believe Mitzi is happy that I am happy again. I just want to tell everyone who has lost their companion that it does get better. You will have your bad days, but they are always with you. Sometimes I can still feel Mitzi cuddled up next to my feet. I believe they are still there with us and will always be there!!! I will pray for all of you. If anyone needs to talk I am always here to give advice.
TinkerToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!