View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 05:30 AM   #3
RockABYE
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default I am a newbie

I am from Edgewood Maryland. I work from home doing medical transcription. The funny thing is, I am not a dog person and never was. Then I met Rocky. My husband had been trying to talk me into a dog for a long time. We did have one for 15 years and I had to put him done. One of the hardest things I had to do and I swore NO MORE DOGS. My oldest son Patrick got his dad a dog for his birthday, a Lab/retriever mix, HUGE, and I live in a mobile home. I had a fit and said absolutely not. If the dog came home, I was gone, so the dog stayed with my son. I know I really hurt my son's feelings. That was November 2005. In August 2006 he was killed while coming home on his motorcycle. This is the second son that was killed. My first and youngest was killed in 1987 by a hit and run driver.

Needless to say, I went into a very deep depression. AND THEN I MET ROCKY. We got him right before Christmas. My husband and I were driving home from church and he started with the dog thing again. I told him if I could find a tiny dog that would stay tiny I would think about it. He went straight to the pet store. When I walked in, the third cage from the door had 2 small terriers and the one was just staring at me and cocking his head back and forth. He had the cutest little face and his ears were bent forward. My husband told them to bring him out. They put him in my arms and he started kissing all over me and my first thought was, CRAP!!!! He is now home with me and I guess you could say he has been my lifesaver. He has made such a difference in my life and with my depression. I love him to pieces and he totally has my heart. NOW IF I COULD JUST TOTALLY POTTY TRAIN HIM.

Sorry, I did not mean to write a novel, but now you know who I am.
RockABYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!