View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Do you think its weird?

Im 31 and single. No kids, no boyfriend, no previous divorces nothing. I was in a relationship from age 19 to age 28 that did not pan out. I was engaged to him and owned a house with him and when we split, I bought my own townhouse. I have a decent job (career) and get to travel a bit, dress nicely and Im VERY independant.

Recently EVERYONE around me is getting married, or having kids. I realize we are at that age that its going to happen. I feel like I am the only one who is not moving forward in that direction in my life. Im going back to college in a week and then I plan on going to cosmotology school, then opening my own business. I have lots of pesonal goals, career goals and I am generally happy on my own.

I am selfish in that I dont want to give up my freedom, independance and I dont want to take someone elses opinions and feelings into consideration at this point in my life. I know marriage is not the right thing for me at this point... but is that weird? Should I want marriage? Kids? at this point in my life shouldnt I know?

Sometimes I feel good about my life and sometimes I feel like something is not right and that people look at me as if there is something wrong with me, something fundimentally unmarriageable about me! There is nothing wrong with me... i swear! Well I mean, Im smart, motivated, funny, know how to have a good time, attractive, etc... so its not that. Im also very mentally stable, sometimes I think people wonder if there is something wrong with my mental state of health! HAHA Im very down to earth and I dont freak out... I have no abnormal fears or dependancy issues.. Im just me. Just this average normal girl. I dont feel 31. I have a hard time believing I am in my 30s at all. I dont look 31 at all.

I guess its just me being selfish that I am not ready to give up my 'freedom' yet and I meet a lot of insecure guys and with how independant I am the LAST thing I need is an insecure guy who needs to know my every step! I just havent met 'the one' I guess. I thought I did... but he didnt feel the same. I feel like im divorced, I went through a divorce pratically... yet its not acknowledged like that.

Sorry rambling... anything at all ladies? gents??
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!