View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
autumn star
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Unlove This is a good one for those w/Mother-In-laws

Hubby had a Vasectomy last friday (mother in law was away) she came home yesterday and called us. My daughter told her that her daddy hurt is inner leg and had to relax over the weekend (we did not tell the kids what he had done - they are 8 and 5) so of course the minute I got on the phone w/her she wanted to know what happened to him. So of course I told her the truth. Well you would of thought he committed a horrible crime.
She felt the need to inform me how upset she was to hear this news and that maybe I should of gone and had my tubes tide since she did when she knew that she did not want anymore children.
Now to give you a little background info, we struggled w/infertility and I had to do IVF to get the two children that I have. Did three more cycles of IVF, mis. a set of twins and did 3 failed IUI's. Developed a clotting disorder that I now have to live with, had trouble w/my heart from all of the medication and have major probs w/my kidneys. Was informed in April that I should be very thankful that I ever had kids and that it would never be recommended that I get preg again because it could be fatal to me. (mother in law knows all of this too)
So w/that all said, even though we have never been pregnant w/out intervention we both thought that it was better to be safe then sorry. I want to be alive for the family I already have. I can't worry about the family I don't have.
She really feels that she should of been informed before HER son made such a harsh choice. I did remind her that HER son is a grown man, that was been w/me for over 17years and has been married to me for almost 12yrs and that WE as a couple made that choice together and that when we decided to have babies we did not inform her so why would we start now. And not for nothing - I sort of felt that was the least hubby could do considering the hell I have put my body through just to get our kids. I was the one injecting myself daily and then giving birth w/out pain med twice!
Is she kidding me. She is usually a lovely woman but this really set her over the edge.
Does anyone else have a mother in law that has been hurt by something like this?
I was speechless!
(Thanks for listening to me vent!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!