View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Matthew
Senior Yorkie Talker

Wink For those who remember me and my saga with "Myles" a while back...HAPPY ENDING

Hello Everyone:
Just thought I would come back and update you on the karmic activity surrounding poor little Myles (or Max, as his owner CALLED him-note the past tense).
My good friend and neighbor mentioned to me the other day that her friend a few houses down had found a small black and tan dog, a Yorkie. I was stunned. It appears that Max/Myles got out again, and was wandering the neighborhood. Except this time, when he was found, he had been shaved in random places along his side (I think for mats, friend thinks kids did it for "fun"), the rest of him was matted up, and he was very dirty.
This evening, the folks that found him stopped by, and I had a long chat with them. It appears they are treating him like a king, and their kids (two boys and a toddler) have become very close to him. The mother described how filthy he was, and matted badly (they are going to take him to the groomers next week). It appears that they put him outside to see if he would lead them to his home, and he refused to leave the front porch. So back in he came, and there he has stayed, for the past four days.
So guess what I was able to do? PULL OUT ALL THE THINGS I HAD GOTTEN FOR MYLES/MAX, AND DONATE IT TO THEM. They were so happy and pleased to get some "accessories" (new bed,snuggle toy, harness and leash, food, coat, etc...) that the kids' eyes were bugging out of their head. Thanks to all of your sound advice, I was able to stress the importance of the harness for walks. Boy, do I feel good right now. Thank goodness I hung onto that stuff.
But...I know where he belongs. So I am feeling a bit guilty right now. Yes, no "lost dog" fliers have gone up, no one seems to be looking for him, and he appears happy where he is. So, unlike last time, I AM NOT GOING TO SAY A WORD OR INTERVENE. Some of you might think this wrong, but if he was in the shape he was in this time (worse than when I found him back in November), then I am making the judgment call that he is better off where he is, with a seemingly loving family who dotes on him. I just feel bad that I sent him back to a place where he might have been loved, but obviously was not taken care of, and possibly abused. But hindsight is 20/20.
By the way, the new family has named him "Lucky"-and I think that is more than appropriate.
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!