Thread: need ur help!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 05:35 AM   #6
adorame
YT 2000 Club Member

Hmmm I can not form this into a question but I have an Idea, for an example,
I have a child who was born with a medical problem and he was in the hospital a lot his first year of life. I also had my youngest 2 born very premature. My oldest child had no problems and was healthy. When the three that were ill/ premature were in the Early Intervention program, I was told that a parent will parent said child differently then their healthy child. They will "baby" the ill child and the healthy child will resent their sibling and parent to some point. Since I was made aware of this very early on, We have tried real hard not to parent our four boy's differently, they all have the same rules and consequences for misbehavior depending on their age and development stages, like if one kid hit's their brother they have a privilege taken away and have to spend time in time out or they right an apology letter to their sibling that they hurt.

But what if I did parent my medically ill child differently, how would this effect the family environment or the child's behavior( the one getting the special attention and the one not?)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!