View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #11
tjdmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graleyne View Post
She wasn't THIS bad in the beginning. She has gotten worse over the years and the last two years she has been REALLY bad.

I know all ya'll hear is the negative and me complaining, but I really do try to be sympathetic and understanding. I know she gets bored and lonely and that she is older and forgets things and doesn't understand other things.

I just need a little room to breathe sometimes and I do wish she would just lay off when it comes to the kids.

It isn't going to do me any good to change their diet at home if she is just going to pump them full of junk (she thinks kids NEED kool-aid and little debbie cakes ).
I think you have the answer right here. As hard as it is, focus on the positives, be sympathetic and understanding and try to let the negatives go in one ear and out the other. If you a really doing the best for your family than you have to let other's have their own opinions but you don't have to agree. I have to say, I don't have a mother in law or a mom to spoil my kids so in some ways, I wish I had your problems. Not that I can't sympathize.....
tjdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!