View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
Tillys_mom
Spoilin' Tilly & Jack
Donating Member

Oh In-laws!!!! They can really make life suck sometimes. I get along with mine just for the sake of hubby. I know it stresses him out when we all fight. Right around Thanksgiving my MIL called me and asked me what my son wanted for Christmas. He really doesn't want anything due to his age but he does like things. He LOVES Mickey Mouse and Barney tapes and sing a longs, anything with music. She was like oh okay. I then stated he had a lot of Mickey but not very much Barney. She said I will let you know what I buy so you can tell your mom and she won't get him the same things. I agreed that was a good idea and proceeded to tell her what we got Chase. Well about two weeks before Christmas she calls and we get talking about Christmas, well it was her and hubby I was just hearing it from the background. She likes to brag on all she buys Chase, (mind you she never comes over) and so hubby was interested in all she bought him and said what all did ya get. She replied I got him a TON of movies. Hubby asked which ones. She rattled them off and said there was a few that she couldn't remember because they were wrapped. Ok that's fine. Hubby was trying to think of all she put on that list and asked, did you get any Barney? She stated, "No Barney. Your dad said no Barney. He doesn't like Barney." She made it like MY son didn't need Barney. Well they got my son double of one thing, (after I told her we were buying it for him) and my hubby in a nice tone said well maybe you can take that back and get Barney. My son would honestly get more use out of the Barney sing a long than a pirate ship. I don't think the issue was that they didn't get him Barney, but that they said that stupid rude comment. Why even say anything? I wouldn't of thought a darn thing about no video. They just tend to speak without thinking sometimes. There is my most recent in-law vent. LOL

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
Tillys_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!