View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
Graleyne
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Sad She has finally done it

My MIL makes me crazy. I try my best to not allow her to affect me the way she does. I try to ignore her, to brush it off, let it go, and all that good stuff.

This time its about the kids. I have a son who is ADHD and mildly autistic. I have been reading (and reading and reading and reading) about how certain chemicals/hormones/dyes/presertives in foods can affect it. So I have decided it would be best for myself and ALL of my children (not just my son) to remove those things from our diet.

She acts like I am killing Olivia. (let it be noted here that Olivia is the only one she really cares anything about because she is "blood" where Lauren and Michel are just "step") It isn't fair to make Olivia "suffer" and to "punish" her just because of Michel.

I don't see where I'm making her suffer. I am trying to do the best I can as a parent. I want my kids to be healthy. I don't want them filling their bodies with crap.

I know the simple thing to do is to just keep Olivia at home, but unfortunately it ISN'T that simple. She will call Mike or my SIL crying and saying I won't let her see the baby, etc.

She has called me FIVE times today (and mind you it is only 10:45am). Do I have the kids clothes ironed? What did they eat for breakfast? What is Olivia doing? Make sure I get her back pack washed. I shouldn't use the steam cleaner because I may burn her. I HAVE to answer when she calls otherwise she will drive down here because she only lives 1/2 mile from us.

SO - at 10:45 am I did it. I poured myself a glass of coke and I added a shot of some cheap cherry flavored vodka we had left over from a party a while back. My MIL has finally driven me to drink.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!