Thread: Solid Gold
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawash View Post
Also, my hubby is a vet and wouldn't put his worst enemy's pet on Hills... Just some thoughts..
YIKES!!! Are you SERIOUS?
Now I feel awful for feeding Max the W/D for so long ! I'll have to check to see the protein content in both just to make sure he's getting what he should. I would ask my vet, but I know she's totally into the Hills and I'm thinking of changing to another vet anyway. I'm not sure if I could handle the cat food smell either, LOL..I've got 2 cats and some of their canned food smells pretty bad! Max is on the W/D b/c a couple of years ago (he'll be 3 in March) he was a little overweight AND came down with pancreatitis. They couldn't determine if the pancreas was overworked b/c he was overweight or if he'd gotten into something, but regardless, he did need to lose some weight and it's really helped. He's quite the avid eater, so I give him canned food twice a day and little bits of the dry in between (like when I"M eating so he feels like he's part of the group, LOL).
I was feeling kind of scared to change his food since he's been doing so well; but I guess it's not going to hurt him to at least try him on something different.

I know this is a dumb question, but why does your dh have an aversion to Hills? I felt happy when a lot of the other dog foods were being recalled, that at least the one Max was on wasn't one of them. But I have heard a lot of negative things said about Hills foods.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!