View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #13
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

Chip was really sick when we brought him home, so the first night we slept on the floor with him in between us. That was the only way he would calm down. After that he slept with us for about 3 weeks and it was working out good until he stopped telling us when he needed to potty and started peeing on the bed. One morning I was really not feeling well and trying to rest a little in the morning and all he wanted to do was play, I put him in his crate and he layed right down and went to sleep. From that day on until about November he slept in his crate and was in his crate when we left the house. We didn't have a problem getting him to sleep in his crate if we were there. We had a problem with getting him to stay quiet when we left (and still do). We tried getting an alarm clock that ticked and wrapped it in my husbands shirt that he had worn for awhile to comfort him. When he wasn't looking we would throw some treats in there for him to find later and he always had PLENTY of toys for him to play with. What ever you do, don't take her out when she's crying. If you want to take her out, wait until she is quiet. If you take her out when she is crying, she'll learn that when she cries, she gets out and she'll never learn to like her crate. If you think she is crying because she needs to go out, take her straight outside and wait until she potties. When you bring her back inside, put her back in her crate.

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!