View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 08:22 PM   #11
Ilovebaby
I love my Monster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw4sw
It sounds like your daughter may have a condition called abdominal migraines that some kids suffer from. My daughter who is five was diagnosed with this last year. She gets these headaches from time to time that cause her to vomit at times. When they come, she has to be in the dark with a cool cloth on her head. I give her motrin which seems to help. The funny thing is that when she vomits the headache seems to go away. I still really can't figure out what triggers them. Also, she does have a history of allergies too. She gets allergy shots twice a week. However, she is not allergic to foods. Only pollens, grasses and molds and cats, horses. I don't know if there is a connection with the headaches or not. There is an organization called "Cyclic Vomiting" that talks more in depth about abdominal migraines and kids with migraines. You can google cyclic vomiting and maybe get some helpful info. Hope that helps...
The migraines that I got when I was younger never went away until I vomited. I can relate to that. I would lie in bed and cry and cry and then I would vomit, fall asleep and wake up all better. My mom used to worry herself sick over those headaches of mine.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!