View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #14
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj125 View Post
Hi and Welcome to YT!
I don't know how long you've been looking for a puppy but I wouldn't suggest this site. http://lycos.lasvegas.oodle.com/sale...shire_terrier/
Sorry Yorkiedaze I know you were just trying to help but the ads that I looked at from here are questionable - at best. Las Vegas is not your typical city. There are SO many scams, thieves etc that you really do have to be very cautious. One of those ads acted like the puppies were from here, but if you read the whole thing she was in CA. Check zip and area codes as alot of people think they'll get more money if they list them here in Vegas. I flew to Dallas to get my boy this past July. I looked for quite some time. I think the only way I would buy any Yorkie from someone here is to "see" both parents, "see" the paperwork on the parents and possibly the grandparents. There are no "well known" breeders here in Las Vegas that I have been able to find. If there is, now, please let me know because hubby and I asked friends who have grown up here, friends that know judges out of state etc etc. We did an extensive search. This is not to say that you can't find a lovable yorkie here. My Mia came from a despicable pet store but is the best little girl! But you are taking chances... ones that I don't want to take anymore. The second time I wanted a pup from a proven healthy line. Oh, and I paid ALOT more for Mia (pet store) than I did for Max (well known breeder)!!! Good Luck and if you need anyone to talk to PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

And you did your home work didn't you?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!