View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Little Bit
Tiny Dog Big Heart
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coroth View Post
I feel so dumb for asking, since I've done it before but I seem to have lost my knack after 7 years.

I cannot potty train Lexie for the life of me! She pees if you bring her outside, but she won't tell you when she has to go and she isn't going in one spot even so we can't watch for if she starts sniffing in one particular spot. I'm totally miffed on what to do! Beau potty trained himself by going outside with our other dog, and he would just pee over the spot our old dog would pee but Lexie doesn't mark so that doesn't work this time around! My mom is starting to stress out because I have to go back to school on January 14th and we were hoping to have her MOSTLY potty trained by then. When we had Beau he was fully potty trained after a week and a half.

If I take her out every 30 minutes she will go, but she doesn't act like she has to go until it is too late. I can't watch for her to start sniffing because she is CONSTANTLY sniffing around. She will be playing like nuts, then all of a sudden she will squat, pee, then run around again. There is no warning until its over.

We were told she was pee pad trained so we have pee pads all over thinking that if she has to pee, she will use them. Well that isn't how it works. She will SLEEP on them, but not pee. She will pee on my mom's area rugs or our carpeting. (Occasionally on the hardwood too.) Beau acts differently before he has to pee, but Lexie doesn't. What am I doing wrong or not doing at all?!?

PLEASE HELP!!!!
I am sorry you are having so much trouble! Potty training can be a very frustrating time. What kind of pee pads was she trained on? If she goes on the area rugs and carpeting maybe you should try washable pads and take up the area rugs for awhile if you can. It sounds like she prefers a soft spot to pee. Most don't like to pee on hard surfaces as it can sometimes splatter on them. Just a suggestion you might try.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!