View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

Millie is over 2 years old and she still wakes up 1 x a night to go potty. But that's ok with me, because I get up to go potty too . And I would rather her wake me up so I can take her out than to go somewhere in the house (although I really don't think she would). I don't expect that this will ever change, and I am ok with that.

However, having said that, when Millie was a puppy and until she was 100% reliably housebroken and even longer, we kept her in a crate at night. We did limit her water intake after 7pm, but we don't do that anymore. Millie had to "earn" the right to sleep with us, and she was over 1 1/2 yo before that happened. Sleeping with you is a privilege and really should not be offered to Benji until after a few behavioral milestones have been met.

I am not really sure, but I think peeing on you is more of an aggressive behavior than really about peeing. Dogs pee/"mark" for many reasons, having nothing to do with relieving themselves.

Benji may not be mature enough yet to handle the privilege of sharing the same sleeping area as his masters.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!