View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
Emmsmom
YT 500 Club Member

Angry Is it wrong to call breeders??

Ok let me just be upfront. I had honestly thought of breeding Diesel. He isn't fixed and to be honest it is only because I was scared to put him under. That being said I really don't know that I want to go through the hassle. He is very spoiled and I don't think he would take to another dog in the family. SO I decided to do some research on his pedigree anyway. I wanted to know how long his great-grandparents lived to be and maybe what there personalities looked like.

Well I contacted his g-grandparents breeder and she was very nice. She said she was going to find a picture of them and send them. She was super nice I thought. Then I found one of his grandparents breeders. I called her and she said I don't have time to talk call back later. I said ok and then she kept talking. I let her know that Diesel was healthy and that I was just mainly curious as to how long his granparents lived. I assumed that if they lived a long life then they must have been healthy. Well she said that the dog I was asking about wasn't quite up to her standards(even tho he was bred enough to have a DNA #)so she sold him. Well you could hear dogs in the background barking and I mentioned it and asked what kind of dogs did she have. I meant to ask her breed. Well she hung up on me.

Did I do something wrong? Is it a huge no no to ask questions? Well I called another breeder who was showing a dog that was breed by the same lady. She seemed to think that it was because she was busy and that she didn't have time to talk. She said she has about 100 dogs and 2 or 3 kennels . That didn't make me feel any better to be honest with you. But hey what can I do. Diesel is here now and he is healthy so I guess that is all that matters.

Any opinions???
</IMG>
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!