View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #2
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyandTiffy View Post
Hello all sorry for not being on in so long, but I've been so busy with puppies and cleaning and the holidays and birthdays. I have a Questions for U breeders out there. I want honest thoughts from U. I'd love to hear what U Ladies/Gentlemen think about this who breeds "Show Quality" Yorkies or just "Pet Quality" Yorkies. I'm trying to improve our line here and have started with Sage our Beautiufl Gal from Lady Hawk!! Here is what is going on:

This lady who lives in Frankfort, Ky is suppose to be getting Billie/Sofie! She's paid $200.00 No-Refundable Deposit on her, started payin on Nov 6th, she's suppose to have her paid off by Dec 21st. She is a excutivite of a BIG Construction Company in Louisville, KY. She is suppose to get her this coming weekend. She used to breed AKC CH Yorkies and show them, she has a female from one of her litters that is 4 lbs. & spaded her. She KNOWS Billie is not to be bred!! Billie weighed 5 lbs. 4 oz on December 2nd. She KNOWS that Tiffanie throws out large puppies. She emailed me this morning with this:

Raising pups is not easy and any one that thinks they are is crazy. When we had a litter, we usually only had three pups because out lady was so small, but they brought the most money. You will make more money on smaller pups because you get a higher price. They move faster and you don’t have to spend the money caring for them for so long. I had the hardest time looking at it like a business because I fell in love with each pup and didn’t want to get rid of them. But you have to make a decision. I did not want a puppy mill and I was not going to wear out my female just for the money. I want to breed Sofie one time before I have her spade. It makes it easier on the female if you do that so they don’t suffer from false pregnancies for many years. I want to breed her to my friend’s 4 pound male. He is show quality and has several champions in his bloodline. We might be able to get you a smaller female that will throw some small pups and make you more money. I don’t want back into the breeding business. It takes more time that I want to give it. I’ve been there and know how dedicated you have to be.

What should I do? They do have CH in the bloodline. Should I do this to get another line going? If so, Should I ask to see the Papers on the male before I let her pick up and finish paying for Billie (Which will be this weekend? Dec, 15th) I have Sage to breed with Galahad and Weezie too (We're not breeding Weezie, just a pet for her cottony coat which I love) Then there's Tiffanie who is spaded, then we have Teddy too (Who has a cottony coat & isn't nutered). Once Bonnie's adopted if ever, then we will have 5 regular Yorkies here. She is only paying $600.00 for "Pet Quality"!! So would I up the price for her to breed once? Do I take a puppy for the breeding? What would I take a female or male? What would be best? I wish people would be honest when they adopt! She filled out our questionnaire and said she wasn't intrested in breeding! Please help. If it was U and U had what I got in pedigree lines and all, just starting out and have 5 Yorkies what would U do? Then how do I do the contact? U know she is going to adopt these puppies out for big money if they turn out AKC Show quality. To me that isn't fair to us for adopting Billie at such a low price!
Do I allow her to take Billie knowing she is wanting to Breed her? Is it true that a Yorkie being spaded without ever having puppies will have false pregancies? I know there is no CH in Teddys' or Tiffanies' line as far as AKC I haven't check CKC to see if there is any yet nor are they Reg. CKC yet. I was TOLD Tiffanie has CH in her bloodline. It may be CKC??? Can U help me on this? They all can be seen @ our website and so can Billie. Thanks so much for U're advice! Hugs
I can tell you one thing, be very careful. I live within twenty miles of Frankfort and there is a pet store that I go to there that buys all the yorkies and other puppies they can find. i questioned them on this once when they found out I am a yorkie breeder, they inquired as to getting my puppies. I flat out told them I don't sell to pet stores. then I was told that they have two or three yorkie breeders local to Frankfort that sell to them. I would be careful having any dealings at all with anyone out of Frankfort unless I know them personally.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!