View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 11:27 AM   #42
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carters Mom
I decided to try the Nutro NC Ultra because of the lack of corn and lack of by-products in the ingredients. I also wanted something available locally.

“AAFCO Definition: Chicken Meal ”
Glossary

Definition: Chicken Meal: chicken which has been ground or otherwise reduced in particle size.

Hope that helps a bit!
Thanks Carter's Mom ! I noticed you talked pretty highly of this brand in yesterday's post. Schatzie and I will be heading to Petsmart this afternoon to get some. I will also get some adult food for Annabelle our Schnauzer. We have been fighting a condition she has known as "Schnauzer Comedo Syndrome". In a nut shell, this means acne down the center of her back.

She is bathed twice a week in vet supplied shampoo and we exfoliate her skin. We have been dealing with this condition of hers for years and no matter what we try it never really seems to ever improve. Schnauzer's are very well known for this condition, and in Annabelle's case it really makes her miserable. So, with a dog food change with any hope this will help her, sure worth a shot.

And luckily, Schatzie is a chow hound so Im not too worried about incorporating a food change slowly with her.

Thanks again!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!