View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 06:26 AM   #11
bizzbeth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsyBitsy View Post
Your situation sounds similar to mine.

When I was 23, I met Pete. Previous to meeting Pete, I was in a lot of destructive relationships. Pete helped me learn to love myself and know that I have much to offer. He really helped me grow as a person and he's a fantastic person, but we have too many things that we can't agree on. After the second year of being together, we argued non-stop about everything. I was Pete's first girlfriend ever, so he had a lot to learn about where the girlfriend/fiancee fall in the priority list. Our biggest issue was that he was a mama's boy. His father died a few years prior to me meeting him, and his mother is very needy. He basically let me know that if I married him, I will never be first. We broke up after 5 years of dating, but we still spoke every other day.

During that time, I was in my second year of college, and I started hanging out with a guy that was in my class. I was 26 then and he was 22. When I met Ivan, I think I met my soul mate. I have never met anyone that I connected with like I did with Ivan. But I was scared, Ivan was so much younger than I (even though he had the maturity of guys much older). During that period of time, I was still talking to Pete. I told Pete I was seeing someone and he freaked. Pete cried and begged me back. I was so torn! I wanted to be with Ivan, but Pete made me feel so guilty. Pete was there for me when I was going through rough patches in my life, and he basically told me that I owed it to him, and I felt like I did owe him. So I broke if off with Ivan and went back with Pete.

So, Pete and I got back together, we stayed together for another year and I've regretted it ever since. After being together another year, I broke it off for good because I knew that being with him is not what I wanted.

After Pete and I broke up, I dated a guy for 2.5 years, we broke up last Christmas because he wasn't what I wanted either...

So, here I am, 32 years old and single. I regret not going with my heart and being with Ivan.

My only advice to you is to go with your heart and take a chance. You should never settle because of fear.

I have never regretted breaking up with Pete. If I stayed with Pete, I would have been married with kids by now, but I don't regret it in the least. Even though I am single, I feel very fulfilled. I do what I want, when I want and I have my furbabies.

Wow- thank you for sharing. This sounds exactly (alllmost) like what has been going on with me.
bizzbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!