View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 04:47 AM   #4
Hokule'a
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Ahh, the saga of relationships! I will be 49 next month and I have had some wacky relationships and some that I will treasure the rest of my life. Noone tells you how much 'work' relationships can sometimes require and noone can give you all the right answers when you're frustrated and confused. One of the most important things I have learned is that I will not 'settle' for someone just because of comfort, security, etc. - it's just not worth it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking time to be alone and finding out exactly what gives you joy and what you want and need in life. I have also learned that there are so many 'types' of relationships and occasionally the ones I think will last are only here for a season and I need figure out what the lesson to be learned is and to lovingly let them go. Whenever I realized a relationship wasn't working I sat down and wrote in my journal and allowed myself to be totally honest and the answers were always there. So, follow your heart - take care of 'you' - and always treat everyone with love and respect
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!