View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 07:12 AM   #12
countrygirl_247
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurdogSam View Post
This is serious!

Little Sam did the same thing last week. He was walking around and obviously in pain. My wife had wiped his bum and he let out a loud yip. Then he was outside walking around like he was trying to poo. I noticed something on his bum and it looked like a little poo on his fur. I picked him up and he was shaking like crazy. I took a wet wipe to pull it off his fur and realized that it was a little ball of string that had gone all the way through him. I pulled on the string and out came a 2 INCH SEWING NEEDLE!!!

Apparently he found a needle and thread and swallowed the thread so the needle followed. We found no blood in his stool so kept a close eye on him for the next few days watching for signs of anything more serious like a perforated bowel. By the next day he was feeling fine and hasn't had a problem since so I think we're in the clear.

My guess is that your little one ate something bad and is now trying to pass it, causing a lot of pain. My suggestion is to load him up with the natural laxatives, like the canned pumpkin, and see if it pushes something out. Otherwise get him to the vet ASAP!
OMG We really have to watch these guys they get into any & everything also eat any & everything. Glad everything turned out OK
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!