View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 06:49 AM   #7
Lexy
Yorkie Yakker

Potty training

Lexy is now 15 weeks old and I got her when she was 8 weeks old. She is now 99% potty trained. I can say it's alot of work but very rewarding if you are constant in doing it. I work everyday and she is in a crate at least 7 hours. When I first got her she would go in her crate but only piddle but you couldn't blame her. I had half her crate with paper and half with a towel, this works really good. I always take her out in the morning as soon as she wakes up not when I get up (sometimes it 1am or 2am). I always start with lets go poopies and we walk to one spot. At first it was difficult but after about 2 or 3 weeks she got the picture. I then would bring her back in and give her breakfast and put her back in her crate. I get up at 5am and again take her out of her crate, say lets go poopies and she would go, right before putting her back in the crate before I would leave for work I would take her back outside lets go poopies and she would go. Now remember you have to always have them at your sight. When ever I would see her drink water I wait 15 to 20 minutes and back out to do poopies. I never never loose sight of her I always have a gate and keep her with me at all times. She is so good now that if she has to go out she walks right to the back door and again I say lets go poopies and out we go. She is 6 pounds now and I hope she would be able to hold her bladder longer. I know this seems like work but it really works if you keep your eye on her. When I have company and I really can't watch her I will put her in her crate so she doesn't have an accident. She likes her crate so it's OK with her. It has been fun having a puppy.

Does anyone know about how many pounds she is going to be? Lexy is now 6 pounds and 15 weeks old, Her dad is 5 or 6 pounds and her mom is 16 pounds.

Thanks,
Sandra, Lexy's mom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lexy12.jpg (150.7 KB, 19 views)
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!