View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
tjdmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Am I a bad person - WARNING LONG!

Guys, I guess I just need to vent but I have had a problem in our family for quite awhile now and I’m having trouble getting past it. I guess I should say we’re having trouble cause it’s not just me. As some of you might know, my sister passed away last year. About 2 weeks after she passed away, it was rumored that a neighbor was leaving her husband for my brother in law. My other sister even called the neighbors husband and he confirmed everything and even gave her some ugly details which may or may not be true but which were disturbing nonetheless. One of those things being that my brother in law was leaving the kids alone and he was going to report him to child protective services if it continued. I didn’t really believe that part of it but did have concerns because usually, where there’s smoke there’s fire. My brother in law and this woman denied everything but shortly thereafter my son spent the night there with his cousins and after I picked him up he was chattering away and mentioned that Uncle had left to go get them slushies at the store and was gone like “two hours” but he was only gone so long cause the slushy machine was broken so he had to go to another store. Mind you, there are 3 or 4 stores in their neighborhood with slushies and they are literally, just around the corner. Needless to say, my son is no longer allowed to sleep there – there were at least 5 active boys just at the right age to get into trouble left alone. The youngest was 4 at the time. Anyways, I’m sure you probably know what’s coming. This woman and my brother in law bought another house and moved the kids into that all less than a year after my sister passed away. My other sister had a big blow out with my brother in law and told him what she thinks and he seems shocked, like what’s the big deal? I have tried to keep my mouth shut because he has allowed me to see my nephews pretty much whenever I want but I feel like a hypocrite pretending to be nice when I really don’t have very nice feelings at all. I just feel like my poor nephews have been so neglected the last year and a half with my brother in law having to “work” until all hours of the nite when he was really out with this woman. And I know that to be true since I have helped him with his books and places he claimed he was at, he never billed for. Anyways, I really just needed to vent but am I a bad person for feeling this way?
tjdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!