View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmy2101 View Post
thank you so much. the disorientation just happened like 20 minutes ago. I've never seen him like that. He's 7 months old so he's due now. So i'm going to take him to the vet tomorrow. I looked at his charts of what shots he's gotten and it doesn't say rabies but the breeder told me Major did get it but I guess she was lying. =( I'm worried about my baby AND myself since I got bit by him and it bled a bit.
Did she not give you a copy of his shot records (over vaccinating can be just as detrimental as no vaccines)....If he'd had a rabies shot, it would have been administered by her vet...and a certificate would have been given.....

He should have had a series of 3 shots for parvo, distemper and parainfluenza; 1 at 8 weeks; 1 at 12 weeks and 1 at 16 weeks...then a booster at a year old.....Kennel cough should have been administered too.. either by vaccine or intranasal.

Did you rinse your wound with peroxide and apply an antibacterial? I don't think your lil guy has rabies....but on rare occassions their enzymes can cause some problems to us.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!