View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #30
Safiyah
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019 My 2 Cents

My point of view may be unpopular, so I decided to simply post what the bible says about this, and leave you to decide for yourself. I have included scriptural references for you to choose to look up on your own, or not. Please keep in mind that I absolutely LOVE animals, and I’m especially partial to dogs (Yorkies are my favorite) I do not mean to offend anyone. Just so it’s clear, I do not want to debate religion here, I’m here to learn about Yorkies, but the bible is my favorite book, and I study it daily so I thought I’d put in my 2 cents.

Regarding the term “soul” the bible is pretty clear if you look. (Gen 2:7; 1 Cor 15:45; 1 Pet 3:20; Gen 9:5; Josh 11:11; Matt 10:28; Acts 3:23) all use the term “Soul” to mean people, so we are souls. As for animals (Gen 1:20, 21, 24, 25; Lev 24:17, 18; Rev 16:3) refer to animals as “souls” so yes, animals DO have souls. This includes dogs. While the Israelites did not seem to view dogs as pets, Job specifically mentions dogs (Job 30:1, 1:3)

God gave us instructions regarding all animals (Psalm 8:6-8; 115:16) Our responsibility towards animals is clear (Proverbs 12:10; Deuteronomy 22:4, 10; 25:4) However, the bible also says that humans, not animals, were made “in the image of God” (Genesis 1:26) And although animals were created with a limited life span, man had the prospect of living forever on earth (Genesis 3:22, 23; Psalm 37:29)

Jesus said that in order to enjoy “everlasting life” we must exercise faith and take in knowledge of God, something animals are incapable of doing (John 3:36; 17:3) Originally, man was instructed to eat only vegetation, but after the flood, man was given permission to eat all animals (Genesis 1:29; 9:3) However no where are we permitted to eat humans (Thank goodness!) Mind you, I know there are places where people eat dogs, but let’s face it, that’s just GROSS. *shudder* yuck, how can they?

As for heaven, the bible states that not every “good person” will go to heaven. (Acts 2:29,34; Matthew 11:11; John 3:13; Revelation 21:1-4) Those who do not can look forward to eternal life on earth. However, nothing is mentioned in the bible of animals having eternal life, let alone going to heaven. So the answer, according to the bible is yes dogs are souls and no, they do not go to heaven. In fact, Eccl 9:5; Ps 146:4 show that when we die, we simply go to sleep, and Eccl 3:19 includes animals in with this.

Safiyah
Safiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!