View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
puppy_Love08
YT Addict

Default Puppy Traumatized from Groomer Visit??

I took Logan to the groomer for the first time. She works out of the vet clinic where I take him for his shots and visits.

I dropped him off and returned before the groomer was finished. While I was waiting, I could hear Logan screetching loudly. He sounded like someone was trying to kill him! The vet asked me to come back to the room and hold him, which I did, although he didn't seem to be trying to escape. The groomer was "powdering" his ears and plucking the hair, which she said doesn't hurt. But Logan acted like she was killing him. She said he didn't like anything but the bath. It sounds like he cried a lot during his first visit to the groomer.

Since then, Logan has not wanted to do anything but sleep! Before going, he was playful and energetic and eating very well. Since then he has been sleeping and barely eating anything. I took him for a walk this morning, but he wasn't as energetic as before. She did have to shave him because of the mats, and he's wearing a sweater I made from a sock. But he still shivers quite a bit, and it's not even cold here (70s).

What do you think is going on? I'm really concerned about him.
puppy_Love08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!