Thread: Missing Magnum
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 01:11 PM   #4
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Magnum. I know it is so painful. I have been there before with my Bichons, that together produced the most beautiful puppies, and then in the last year with my Siamese, that were also mates. Both times it was the male I lost first. It is hard when you're grieving and see that they are too. Sometimes you need to let yourself scream and cry. Unfortunately it is part of the process. The worst part about loving a furry friend is that their lives are nowhere near the length of our own.

Cricket can sense your pain though. It's not just her own mourning of Magnum. Love your furbaby. Spend extra time with Cricket, perhaps take her with you everywhere you can. Give her as much security as possible. It is so difficult when they can't express their heart in words. I am still watching my cat mourn almost a yr later, but it was complicated by my daughter going off to college this year. The cat can be such a pest, because she is so hungry for attn, I have to stop sometimes and just focus on her to reassure her of her place in my heart and life.

I know the hard part will be when you have to leave the house and now Cricket is alone. There is so little you can do to fill that void. But I will tell you that my Bichon female did find a new joy after awhile in being the only one. While she had loved her mate, she learned to love being the only dog who was spoiled.

Prayers for you and hugs. I am so sorry,
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!