View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
COOPERDUKE
Senior Yorkie Talker

Oh my goodness can I relate......Cooper is now 1 1/2 yrs old and until the last 4 months or so was the most loving wonderful companion we could ask for.....but now we call him Cujo (lol). When he was about 14 months he began getting aggressive only when he had something he shouldnt and we went to take it...he would snap and bite....we then taught him to drop it and trade for treats. Now he has progressed to attacking when he is startled or when he thinks you are trying to take something from him, and sometimes even when you are moving from the couch and have to move him also to get up. Just like you the other 99% of the time he is the most loving dog ever...but it makes me so mad and sad and I have even thought we might have to get rid of him if it continues as we have a new baby (neice) coming in the family and I worry about it constantly. I'm at a loss....we have done time outs, no bite, etc and he listens very well to all other commands...so I feel your pain and wish I had the magic answer.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!