View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's_Mom View Post
THIS IS SO HORRIFYING!

As a child a lot of what I learned about how to treat people and how to be a responsible person came from learning to take care of my childhood dog...Learning to be gentle with her, learning not to strike her and to be patient, learning how to be responsible by feeding and walking her and helping to give her baths, learning that we treat those we love with care and concern for there feelings, learning to be loyal...I learned these things just by having a dog, and my parents showing me the value in treating her well! I cannot imagine the things the children around there are learning when they are taught it is okay to bury dogs alive, to starve them, etc...First this sort of thing starts with animals, then people get desensitized and before you know it they ignore the suffering of other human beings!

This makes me both sad and outraged!
We could've been raised in the same neighborhood! My parents raised us the same as yours. I always had pets ... my entire life and my parents loved them as well. I am so thankful that I taught my children those same values and am still alive to see them teach my grandchildren the values that they were taught.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!